Staff Member/Carnival Ride Operator Age 16 Plus
Seasonal Position (April thru September)
Carnival Ride Operators are responsible for the safe operation of the ride and provide friendly service in a clean enviroment. Candidates should have good communication skills and enjoy working outdoors with people. In this position you will be responsible for learning, retaining, and enforcing all safety requirements for each ride attraction.
Golf building staff members will need to have good communications skills and knowledge with the ability to explain to our guest the available attractions, age and height requirements, pricing for attractions, wristband specials, and birthday party packages. You will be responsible for preparing soda drinks, slushies and food served in golf building. You will take a on-line 90 minute food handlers course to obtain your certificate good for 3 years. This will be at no cost to you. Keep golf building clean, stocked and oraganized at all times.
Applications will be accepted starting on March 1, 2018
Interviews will start on March 15th.
Ride operators maybe required to do one or more of the following
- Safely operate rides by always being alert and ready to take action.
- Provide excellent customer service with a smile by greeting customers and answering questions related to the ride or other attractions. Be proactive in your customer service.
- Direct guest to and from ride areas, assist with loading and loading guest. Children may need additional assistants to ensure proper seating, and securing safety restraint system.
- Understand written, verbal directions and retain information and be consistant when enforcing all ride safety rules & park policies. This includes strickley enforcing ride height requirements.
- Help in maintaining a clean and safe Park
- Reliable transportation to fullfil shifts
- Like to Smile, have a positive attitude and willing to learn new task
- Follow grooming standards and dress code policy
- Keep personal and confidental information with in the company
- Follow proper cleaning procedures
- Complete open shift duties, shift change duties, and closing duties. These duties may include watering flowers, wipping of tables, stocking cups & lids, empty trash cans and baskets, sweeping & moping floor
- Use proper radio eetiquette and radio codes. Store radio in designated area
- Must be at least 16 years of age to be a carnival ride operator and 18 years and older to work in concession food trailer
- Like to smile and be around others
- Willingness to learn
- Participate in random drug policy
- Have at least 2 week days and 2 weekend days of availability. Not miss more than 2 weeks of scheduled shifts throughout season.
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions from extreme heat, inclement weather, and cool temperatures.
- Some of the physical requirements will be standing and walking for at least 5 hours, bending lifting small children on to ride attractions. Ability to push and pull bumper boats, and bumper cars.
- Go-Kart track operators will need to be able to push and pull Go-Karts. Walking and running will be required at times. Ability to operate remote hand held unit and main control board. Enforce rules such as intentional bumpering and sliding of go-karts. At times this attraction can be noisy.
- Good communication skills. Ability to use hand held buisness radio for staff communications
Seasonal Position from March 1st through December or when all work is completed.
Maintain the park to be a safe and clean place for families and friends to come and enjoy time together as they create memories that will last a life time. This will include maintenace on amusement ride attractions, maintain the grounds to look its best, building repairs, and other maintenace or repairs needed in meeting our goal of safe and clean enviroment.
- Maintain and repair rides as needed to keep rides in optimal performance. Some of this work is done under pressure not to inconvenience our guest and not sacrafice the quality of your work. We expect the work to be done to a high standard.
- General mechanical knowledge for small engine repair
- Diagnose and repair AC/DC circuits with some knowledge required
- Wood working skills
- Welding and fabrications skills a plus but not required
- Grounds maintenance - cutting grass, trimming bushes, and other grounds work as needed to maintain a clean, safe and attractive facility.
- Hydraulics knowledge is a plus but not required
- On busy days may need to help with carnival ride operations
- Operate pressure washer
- At least 18 years of age
- Self motivated and ability to complete task in a timely manner with little to no supervision
- Takes pride in your workmenship
- Considered a quick learner with both written material and hands on
- Ability to work on ladders or arial equipment
- Heavy lifting and pulling from 40 to 60 lbs at times
- Respect our tools, equipment and keep well organized
- Able to read and retain information
- Fill out daily ride inspection reports along with repairs made to attraction
- Throughout they day you may need to do some of the following to complete task: kneeling, bending and twisting in awkward positions, crouching over,reaching, and working with your hands.
- Work in extreme heat, cool to cold temperatures, inclement weather
- Available 5 to 6 days per week